What does this trend mean for your business?
I browsed some tech pages earlier today and was surprised by the news saying that Facebook dominated the website space in the US in 2010 – making Google slipped to 2nd spot. This trend provides us an idea on how popular this social networking site has become. Connecting 400 million people around the world, Facebook indeed has become one of the most influential objects on the Internet.
For business individuals, the news validates the claim that social networks are a great tool for business success. Therefore, if you are an Internet marketer focusing only on search engine optimization campaign, you may need to expand your business horizon through social media and this could help you achieve even better return-on-investments.
You can start your social media marketing through Facebook. And to start it right, learning the anatomy of Facebook page can help. Below are some important components the page (profile badge) must have:
- Branding – is simply the art of being knowable, likable. Your Facebook business page must have your company or business name.
- Profile Image – aside from company logo, your page must also include your profile image and it must be authentic and looks professional.
- Contact – another yet important component is your contact information which includes your business phone and Fax number, email address, and your website where your potential clients can find more details on what your business is offering.
- Offer – a simple offer like "call us today for free website assessment” ignites excitement which can help you build a list of prospects, followers.
When your are done building your Facebook business page, you can do the following to promote your business:
- build your network, list of fans
- post links to articles which relate to your business valuable to readers,people in your network
- send promotional messages or newsletter to people in your network.
In doing that, you are building a social network reputation necessary to convert people in your network into loyal customers.