Conversion rate is easy to understand for eCommerce site. If there are 100 visitors came to the website, there are 10 purchases, then you get 10% conversion rate.
What if your website is for product or services that the deals are normally closed offline? That means your website conversion goal could be one of the followings:
- Capture the lead by asking them to fill out a form
- Download your Video/Apps/Whitepaper
- Sign up your event/seminars/subscriptions
- Get calls from the prospect buyers.
We’d like to share the top 5 things you can do to improve your online conversion rate.
- Images & Video: Pictures worth thousand words, if possible consider adding a video to the page. Carefully select images that complement the site’s content. Using effective imagery contributes significantly to keeping your visitors on the site and improving your website’s bounce rate. Similarly, color affects behavior, so choose the right color palette to portray your product and service in the right light. Remember, this is about the user experience, not yours!
- Page layout: Think if your target audience and the different personas you are trying to attract. Consider how they will look at the information on your site and identify your trigger points to ensure they will be attracted to your page.
- Visible Phone number & lead capture form: Avoid making a visitor search through your site for a phone number. By simply adding your phone number or a small contact form on every page makes it easy for your visitors to contact you. This is simple, but can get you outstanding results.
- Clear, concise content: Remember, website visitors are not book readers. Typically, your visitors will scan the pages. So develop content that is straight to the point! Incorporate effective titles and point form notes to promote higher readership.
- Call-to-action: Web users are all behavior driven. If you’d like them to call you, you need to say so. If you’d like them to fill out the form, you need to tell them what they are getting if they fill it out, and when you will get back to them. It’s one of the most important factor contribute to the conversion rate..
These are simple but effective ways to turn your website into a lead generation website quickly.